Strikes at Barcelona !
As we informed last 22nd of February, stevedores/dockers have announced some strikes for the following days:
– 10th of March
– 13th of March
– 15th of March
– 17th of March
– 20th of March
– 22th of March
– 24th of March
The strike will be performed during alternative hours, that means:
– From 9:00 to 10:00; from 11:00 to 12:00; from 13:00 to 14:00; from 15:00 to 16:00; from 17:00 to 18:00; from 19:00 to 20:00; from 21:00 to 22:00; from 23:00 to 00:00; from 01:00 to 02:00; from 03:00 to 04:00; from 05:00 to 06:00 and from 07:00 to 08:00.
The shifts that will be affected will be:
– From 08:00 10th of March until 08:00 of 11th of March
– From 08:00 13th of March until 08:00 of 14th of March
– From 08:00 15th of March until 08:00 of 16th of March
– From 08:00 17th of March until 08:00 of 18th of March
– From 08:00 20th of March until 08:00 of 21th of March
– From 08:00 22th of March until 08:00 of 23th of March
– From 08:00 24th of March until 08:00 of 25th of March
Due to this difficult situation, we would like to inform you that APMT Barcelona will take some specific and punctual actions in order to mitigate the impact to our customers of these consecutives strikes. The actions we are going to take since 1st of March are:
– Export Cargo/Containers to be loaded shall only be accepted whenever are in the Terminal within the following time frame: not earlier than 5 Working Days from the start of the scheduled vessel’s operations, and not later than 6 hours prior to the start of the scheduled operations of the vessel. No exceptions will be accepted.
– VAS service can be affected and we cannot confirm the service during the strike period
These measures will be taken only if the strike is finally confirmed. We regret all the inconveniences that these measures may cause, but we are forced to take them in order to preserve the service level of our terminal as much as possible.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further doubts or questions.